Saturday, November 16, 2019

Kids Sports Movies in the 1990's - Do they still make Films Like this?

The 1990's saw a series of films about kids, animals, and aliens playing sports that were geared towards children like myself at the time. I'm pretty sure these type of films are no longer coming out in droves like they were in the 90's and perhaps my theory is that todays kids are more in tune and drawn to their computers, cell phones, televisions, and just technology and they're not outside playing baseball or kick ball like they were when I was growing up so there's just not as much of a draw?

I don't know for sure but here are some of the 90's kids sports flicks that came out:

The Sandlot 
Little Giants
The Big Green
The Air up There
The Mighty Ducks
Space Jam
Angels in the Outfield
Rookie of the year
Little big league (I often get this one confused with Rookie of the year)
Air Bud
Cool Runnings
Ladybugs

 
Official website